This project is read-only.

"Load Instance Names" does not load instance names


After following the answer from Oppie at, I tried to use this function to load English versions of the instance names.

I had to first overcome the Crash which is detailed in another issue, but after overcoming that crash, I find that the function doesn't actually do what it says it should do.

It looks like Load Instance Names is expecting properties.txt to contain something useful. We don't have this file as part of the download, and instructions on how to populate this file is absent.


oppie wrote May 22, 2014 at 9:11 AM

This will be solved in the next release (coming this saturdat most likely)

wrote May 22, 2014 at 9:11 AM

LesterClayton wrote May 22, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Thanking you most profusely :)

LesterClayton wrote Jun 20, 2014 at 7:22 AM

This is resolved with SimCityPak

Please note that in order to get the translations, you have to open the base game files - not the script files.

wrote Nov 28, 2017 at 3:36 PM